Vietnam visa for UK Citizens
Vietnam visa requirements for UK citizens
Please be noted that the United Kingdom is in the list of countries getting exemption of entry visa to Vietnam, and the maximum duration for British passport holders to stay in Vietnam without visa requirements is less than 15 days.
If you wish to stay in Vietnam for longer timer period, you are required to apply for a valid visa and ensure below entry conditions:
- Hold a British valid passport for at least 6 months from the date of arrival.
- Have 2 blank passport pages for visa stamp.
How to apply Vietnam visa for UK citizens
There are 3 application options for entry visas to Vietnam that UK passport holders need to know, including Embassy visa, Visa on arrival and E-visa.
Apply for Embassy visa
Passport holders can apply for entry visa to Vietnam by post, by email or in person at the Embassy of Vietnam. Applicants must prepare following documents to be submitted to the embassy via one of its supported methods:
- A completed visa application form
- Valid passport
- Self-addressed envelope in case of applying by post
- Proof of payments i.e. bank transfer for email application or cheque or postal order payable to the embassy for applying by post.
There are several notices that should be taken into account for the applicants when choosing this method:
- Only visa applications from holders of national passport are processed. Other kinds of travel document such as refugees issued document would be denied.
- Passport validity must be at least 1 month before your exit date from Vietnam.
- Visa processing time begins when the Embassy receives the application in full.
- Photo must be taken no more than 1 year.
- Further supporting documents can be requested by the Embassy and the applicant will be contacted if needed. In this case, the application processing may take longer.
It would not be useless if you jot down below contact information of The Vietnam Embassy in the United Kingdom to apply for Vietnam visa:
- Office Address : 12-14 Victoria Road, London W8 5RD
- Phone : 020 7937 1912
- Fax : 020 7937 6108
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Vietnam Visa on arrival
Visa on arrival is the process where you get an approval letter for entry into Vietnam. Please be advised that the visa will be issued upon arrival in Vietnam.
How to apply?
Uk citizens can quickly get Vietnam visa on arrival with 4 simple steps as following:
- Apply online for an approval letter
- Confirm and make online secured payment
- Obtain the approval letter by email and print a hard copy
- Get the visa stamp on arrival
What documents needed?
For Vietnam visa on arrival application, you do not need to provide any document. However, to obtain visa stamp on arrival, it is necessary to have documents required as below:
- The entry & exit form
- The visa approval letter
- 2 passport sized photos (4x6cm)
- Visa stamping fee (by cash)
Apply for E-visa
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is 80 countries that allowed e-visa issued by Vietnamese Immigration Department. Please take note that Vietnam E-visa is valid for at most 30 days, and it is single entry.
How to apply?
The process for Vietnam e-visa for British citizens is simple and completely online. The process includes 5 steps as below:
- Go to the official website for Vietnam’s e-Visa Application.
- Fulfill all required information, upload passport page image and photo with straight looking and no glasses.
- Subsequently, you will receive the registration code which will be later used to check on the result of your E-visa.
- Make the payment for E-visa fee. Cost of Vietnam e-visa for British citizens as well as other passport holders from the list of countries allowed e-visa issuing is 25 USD. Processing time will be during 3 working days.
- Once being granted for E-visa, you should print it out to go to Vietnam.
What documents needed?
- A passport for at least six-month validity
- A photo of your full passport data page
- A passport sized photo with white background with no glasses
- E-visa fee
It should be well noted that you can employ service of a visa agent to apply e-Visa on your behalf. This is strongly preferred by UK passport holders as it brings you convenience, friendly supporting system as well as myriad of service options.
Vietnam visa for UK citizens can be applied by using many different ways, prominent which applying visa online is considered to be the most convenient and time-saving for you. Let’s talk to Visa2Asia and experience the best service and guidance for your Vietnam visa application.