Vietnam visa for Canadian Citizens
Vietnam visa requirements for Canadian citizens
Please be noted that Canada is not in the list of countries getting exemption of entry visa to Vietnam. Therefore, Canadian citizens if want to visit Vietnam, must apply for a visa and ensure below entry conditions:
- Hold a Canadian valid passport for at least 6 months from the date of arrival.
- Have 2 blank passport pages for visa stamp.
Note: There will be no visa requirement in case you are just transiting through a Vietnamese international airport without entering the country.
How to apply Vietnam visa for Canadian citizens
There are 3 application options for entry visas to Vietnam that Canadian passport holders need to know, including Embassy visa, Visa on arrival and E-visa.
Apply for Embassy visa
Canadian passport holders can apply for entry visa to Vietnam at the Embassy by online, by email, by regular mail or in person at the Embassy’s office. There are several notices that should be taken into account for the Canadian applicants when choosing this method:
- The visa granted by the Vietnam Embassy is valid for all borders in Vietnam, including by land, by air or by sea.
- Processing time: during 3 working days for a standard process. About 5 working days for Business/Working/Study/Volunteering/Press visa request. Applicants can also use Premium service which shorten the processing time to 1 working day, the additional fee however can be required.
- Visa fees can vary and depend on many factors including duration of stay, number of entries, visa types, and can change from time to time. You should contact the Embassy officer to be informed on current visa fees.
- Refugee Travel Document holder, who are issued to people in Canada with protected-person status in accordance with United Nations Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees, 1951 and its Protocol of 1967, cannot apply for a visa to Vietnam.
It would not be useless if you jot down below contact information of The Vietnam Embassy in Canada to apply for Vietnam visa:
- Office Address : 55 Mackay Street, Ottawa, ON K1M 2B2
- Phone : +1 613-236-0772
- Fax : +1 613-236-2704
- Email : email@example.com
Apply for Vietnam Visa on arrival
Visa on arrival is the process where you get an approval letter for entry into Vietnam. Please be advised that the visa will be issued upon arrival in Vietnam.
How to apply?
Canadian citizens can quickly get Vietnam visa on arrival with 4 simple steps as following:
- Apply online for an approval letter
- Confirm and make online secured payment
- Obtain the approval letter by email and print a hard copy
- Get the visa stamp on arrival
What documents needed?
For Vietnam visa on arrival application, you do not need to provide any document. However, to obtain visa stamp on arrival, it is necessary to have documents required as below:
- The entry & exit form
- The visa approval letter
- 2 passport sized photos (4x6cm)
- Visa stamping fee (by cash)
Apply for E-visa
Canada is 80 countries that allowed e-visa issued by Vietnamese Immigration Department. Please take note that Vietnam E-visa is valid for at most 30 days, and it is single entry.
How to apply?
The process for Vietnam e-visa for Canadian citizens is simple and completely online. The process includes 5 steps as below:
- Go to the official website for Vietnam’s e-Visa Application.
- Fulfill all required information, upload passport page image and photo with straight looking and no glasses.
- Subsequently, you will receive the registration code which will be later used to check on the result of your E-visa.
- Make the payment for E-visa fee. Cost of Vietnam e-visa for Canadian citizens as well as other passport holders from the list of countries allowed e-visa issuing is 25 USD. Processing time will be during 3 working days.
- Once being granted for E-visa, you should print it out to go to Vietnam.
What documents needed?
- A passport for at least six-month validity
- A photo of your full passport data page
- A passport sized photo with white background with no glasses
- E-visa fee
It should be well noted that you can employ service of a visa agent to apply e-Visa on your behalf. This is strongly preferred by Canada passport holders as it brings you convenience, friendly supporting system as well as myriad of service options.
Vietnam visa for Canadian citizens can be applied by using many different ways, prominent which applying visa online is considered to be the most convenient and time-saving for you. Let’s talk to Visa2Asia and experience the best service and guidance for your Vietnam visa application.