Vietnam visa requirements for Australian citizens
Please be noted that Australia is not in the list of countries getting exemption of entry visa to Vietnam. Therefore, Australian citizens if they want to visit Vietnam, must apply for a visa and ensure below entry conditions:
- Hold an Australian valid passport for at least 6 months from the date of arrival.
- Have 2 blank passport pages for visa stamp.
How to apply Vietnam visa for Australian citizens
There are 3 application options for entry visas to Vietnam that Australian passport holders need to know, including Embassy visa, Visa on arrival and E-visa.
Apply for Embassy visa
Australian passport holders can apply for entry visa to Vietnam at the Embassy by online, by post or in person. There are several notices that should be taken into account for the Australian applicants when choosing this method:
- Apply Online for the purposes of traveling and family visiting only, and by post or in person application also accepted.
- Visa fee for applying by post would be in AUD and paid by Money Order or Bank Cheque payable to the Embassy of Vietnam.
- Processing time: during 1 - 2 working day, not including the post time for applying online, and 24 hours after all required documents are received for applying by post.
- It would not be useless if you jot down below contact information of The Vietnam Embassy in Australia to apply for Vietnam visa:
- Office Address : 6 Timbarra Crescent, O'Malley, ACT, 2606, Australia
- Postal Address : PO BOX 98, Mawson ACT 2607, Australia
- Phone : (02) 61694916
- Fax : (02) 61083034
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Vietnam Visa on arrival
Visa on arrival is the process where you get an approval letter for entry into Vietnam. Please be advised that the visa will be issued upon arrival in Vietnam.
How to apply?
Australian citizens can quickly get Vietnam visa on arrival with 4 simple steps as following:
- Apply online for an approval letter
- Confirm and make online secured payment
- Obtain the approval letter by email and print a hard copy
- Get the visa stamp on arrival
What documents needed?
For Vietnam visa on arrival application, you do not need to provide any document. However, to obtain visa stamp on arrival, it is necessary to have documents required as below:
Read more on how to apply for Vietnam Visa on arrival with Visa2Asia
- The entry & exit form
- The visa approval letter
- 2 passport sized photos (4x6cm)
- Visa stamping fee (by cash)
Apply for E-visa
Australia is 80 countries that allowed e-visa issued by Vietnamese Immigration Department. Please take note that Vietnam E-visa is valid for at most 30 days, and it is single entry.
How to apply?
The process for Vietnam e-visa for Australia citizens is simple and completely online. The process includes 5 steps as below:
- Go to the official website for Vietnam’s e-Visa Application.
- Fulfill all required information, upload passport page image and photo with straight looking and no glasses.
- Subsequently, you will receive the registration code which will be later used to check on the result of your E-visa.
- Make the payment for E-visa fee. Cost of Vietnam e-visa for Australian citizens as well as other passport holders from the list of countries allowed e-visa issuing is 25 USD. Processing time will be during 3 working days.
- Once being granted for E-visa, you should print it out to go to Vietnam.
What documents needed?
- A passport for at least six-month validity
- A photo of your full passport data page
- A passport sized photo with white background with no glasses
- E-visa fee
It should be well noted that you can employ service of a visa agent to apply e-Visa on your behalf. This is strongly preferred by Australia passport holders as it brings you convenience, friendly supporting system as well as myriad of service options.
Vietnam visa for Australian citizens can be applied by using many different ways, prominent which applying visa online is considered to be the most convenient and time-saving for you. Let’s talk to Visa2Asia and experience the best service and guidance for your Vietnam visa application.